Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22


It's not always sunshine and smiles at the Casa de la Cross and tonight was rough for my little Cricket. She came home from school in a sad mood because she lost her treasure box toy (and with all her talking in class lately she hasn't received one of these treasures in quite a while!). She said one of her friends in Extended Day was playing with it and he lost it. I asked if it was possible that he still had it with him, and she said, "No - I checked his pockets!" Okay.

So, Chloe, Bradley, and I searched the school grounds - both playgrounds and a lot of sidewalks to see if it had been dropped. We searched for about 20 minutes when I had to finally call it off so we could get home to take care of Zeke. She was devastated - cried the whole way home.

Once we got home, her sad mood morphed into Ugly...gruñóna. She just whined, complained, and moped about in a foul mood (which is always contagious). I finally got tired of the nonsense and sent her to Time Out to cool down for a while. She complained about the injustice of it all, rolled her eyes at me, and stomped to the Time Out Corner. I really, truly don't know what I'm going to do with her once hormones and tween-ness kicks in. Can you send 12-year-olds to time out?

No comments:

Post a Comment